Student Council is……?
Student Council is a student government organization that promotes student leadership, voice, and spirit. The organization promotes activities that benefit the entire student body and try to increase student participation in all school events.
Who can be a part of Student Council…..?
Students run in an election in late April, early May, and the entire student body, and their specific classes vote for the candidates.
What does Student Council do…..?
Student Council runs and takes part in numerous community service and fundraising activities throughout the year, along with fun activities put on for the student body. Common annual community service projects include:
· Homecoming Week and Homecoming Dance
· Fill-The-Plate Fundraiser – November
· Winter Weekend/
· Winter Spirit Week- December/January
· Cystic Fibrosis Heart
· Sustain our Community Can Collection – February
· Arts Fest- June
· Can Drives
· Student Council Elections – May
· Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
· Adopt a Family
· Leadership Training/Conference
· Dress-Up Days & Hat Days