STUDIO IN CRAFTS
Students will experience visual awareness and perceptual skills through crafts assignments. Encourages exploration of individual components of the visual arts through the introduction of basic concepts and media in a variety of craft experiences. Provide an opportunity to develop skills for life-long learning
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
After successful completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Create projects using a variety of craft activities.
2. Analyze, interpret, and discuss crafts from various historic time periods.
3. Apply analytical and constructive approaches to class activities and critiques.
4. Demonstrate the value of an active sketchbook/journal for continuous entries for personal growth.
5. Create crafts expressing familiarity with various materials and tools.
6. Create assigned crafts and be evaluated.
7. Participate in critiques of craft assignments by contributing commentary on visual analysis of technique
and production of projects.
8. Self select projects to photograph for inclusion in portfolio
Trivet using clay and glass
Textiles - weaving
Sculpture – cardboard
ALL FINISHED PIECES ARE BASED ON STATED CRITERIA FOR EACH PROJECT
ALL PROJECTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ON TIME TO AVOID LATE PENALTIES
ATTENDANCE WILL BE RECORDED DAILY
SEE CODE OF CONDUCT PG. 10-12
Students are expected to be punctual, courteous, honest and focused. Students are expected to use tools properly, safely and care for and clean them appropriately
First infraction: discucssion between teacher and student, second infraction:
Parent phone call, Third infraction: detention assigned