Students will experience visual awareness and perceptual skills through photographyassignments.Encourages exploration of individual components of the visual arts through theintroduction of basic concepts and media in photography and software manipulation .
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
After successful completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Create images using photography to explore visual concepts and personal artisticexpressions.
2. Analyze, interpret, and discuss photographs from various time periods.
3. Apply analytical and constructive approaches to class activities and critiques.
4. Create photographs expressing familiarity with media, perspective andpositive/negative space.
5. Utilize texture, value, balance, and unity in their compositions.
6. Display understanding of effective compositions expressing familiarity withassigned elements and principles of design.
7. Create assigned photos and be evaluated.
8. Create monochromatic photographs and color photographs.
9. Participate in critiques of photography assignments by contributingcommentary on visual analysis of technique and composition.
10. Self select projects to photograph for inclusion in portfolio
ALL FINISHED PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BASED ON STATED CRITERIA FOR EACH PROJECT
ALL PROJECTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ON TIME TO AVOID LATE PENALTIES
ATTENDANCE WILL BE RECORDED DAILY
SEE CODE OF CONDUCT PG. 10-12
Students are expected to be punctual, courteous, honest and focused. First infraction: discucssion between teacher and student, second infraction:
Parent phone call, Third infraction: detention assigned