Public Speaking Course Syllabus
Mrs. Zeznick room 124
Goals of this class:
- Students will learn to give informative and persuasive speeches.
- Students will learn to prepare a speech outline.
- Students will learn to participate appropriately in class discussions.
- students will keep up with current events
Requirements of the class:
- You must complete all assignments, both oral and written.
- You must participate in class in the form of asking questions, commenting, taking notes, paying attention, supporting other students.
Speeches are worth 80% of your grade
Class participation is worth 20%
All essays, class work and homework must be completed in blue/black pen, have the proper heading, be legible and have clean edges in order for your work to be accepted.
Late Work: No late essays or speeches will be accepted. Your assignments are due on the assigned day at the assigned time. If you are legally absent from school, your work is due the day that you return. A pass to miss class (guidance, music lessons, etc) does not excuse you from handing in your written work.
Attendance is mandatory and it is expected that you be in class every day. Unexcused absences (i.e.: cutting) will result in a zero for the day and for any work/quizzes/presentations missed. Should you be legally absent from school, it is your responsibility to find out what you missed and make up all work within a one week time frame.
Late to Class: Arriving on time to class is imperative. Directions will not be repeated & additional time for tests/quizzes will not be given for late students.
In accordance with school policy, the following is expected of every student:
- Use proper language that is devoid of profanity
- Be prepared with a pen & notebook. No pens or paper will be distributed.
- Raise your hands and do not interrupt each other.