Drawing & Painting 2
This course further develops the student's concepts acquired in Drawing & Painting I by applying creative assignments using black & white and color media,such as: graphite, charcoal, pastel, colored pencil, watercolor and acrylic paint with more intense focus on personal context. Some subjects will be still life, figurative drawing, perspective drawing and drawing from life. Students will continue to study accomplished artists, good design practices, and art history as it relates to the lessons.
Students are required to keep a portfolio of their work including a sketchbook and finished artwork. Aesthetic qualities and the elements and principles of art will be part of each assignment.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
After successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Show growth in skill and ability to manipulate media on various surfaces.
- Analyze, interpret, and discuss two dimensional work from various time periods.
- Understand and fully utilize in effective compositions the aesthetic qualities, elements and principles of art
- Demonstrate the value of an active sketchbook/journal for continuous entries for personal growth. .
- Create assigned drawings and paintings and be evaluated, and be able to verbally defend their own work and analyze the work of other artists
- Participate in critiques of assignments by contributing commentary on visual analysis of technique and composition.
- Know and use vocabulary associated with making art in both oral and written forms.
- Self- select projects for inclusion in portfolio.
Direct observation drawings
Drawings and paintings focusing on the elements and principles of art
Use of value and reverse value
Use of a gamut of drawing and paint media
Investigate the history of two dimensional artwork
Vocabulary associated with drawing and painting
ALL PRELIMINARY DRAWINGS WILL BE GRADED
ALL FINISHED DRAWINGS AND PAINTINGS WILL BE GRADED BASED ON STATED CRITERIA FOR EACH PROJECT
ALL PROJECTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ON TIME TO AVOID LATE PENALTIES
ATTENDANCE WILL BE RECORDED DAILY
SEE CODE OF CONDUCT PG. 10-12
Students are expected to be punctual, courteous, honest and focused. First infraction: discucssion between teacher and student, second infraction:Parent phone call, Third infraction: detention assigned
Prerequisite: Studio Art and Drawing and Painting 1