Your Math this Week:
Directions: It’s time to shop! Follow the steps below to complete the shopping spree project!
1. You can shop online or using catalogs, grocery ads, or fliers from a store.
2. You need to write down the name of the item and the exact price on the record sheet below.
3. You must purchase at least 5, and no more than 8, items of your choice.
4. After you have picked your items, add the prices up for a cost. Use the second page of this activity to show me your calculations. I want to see you actually adding them….not using a calculator!
a. You can add them all at once, or just a few at a time. It’s up to you. Remember that when you add numbers with decimals, the decimal point and place values need to be lined up to add. The decimal then stays in line in your answer. Don’t confuse it with placing the decimal when multiplying.
5. When you are done with your shopping spree and calculations, take a picture of the record sheet and your calculations page and email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy shopping and adding! GO “BUY” some stuff!