May 25, 2022
Good evening, Gator Families:
A few more updates for you!
This morning, our administrative team and SRO officer reviewed current safety practices in our building. Emails were sent out to staff reiterating safety practices that are to be followed at ALMHS. Beginning next Tuesday, ALL students will enter the building through the main entrance of the building. We also have two more lockdown drills that must be conducted before the end of the school year. I want to assure you that our staff takes the safety of your children to heart, and we do all we can do to protect our students while they're in our custody.
A positive tradition makes its reappearance tomorrow with the ALMHS Spring Arts Festival. There will be several events taking place throughout the day, including art exhibits, musical performances, and sporting events. We will run a 5k Color Run tomorrow to support the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. We currently have 150 participants. If your child is participating in the Color Run, please be sure they wear old clothing and bring a change of clothes for after the run. We're all looking forward to a fun day when we all come together as a school community.
Students may wear hats, and most teachers and administrators will be dressing down tomorrow in order to enjoy the festivities with the students.
Reminder that we head into a long Memorial Day weekend. No school on Friday or Monday.
Be sure to check out the online district calendar for event dates, including Regents testing, and we list all daily announcements on the Middle-High School webpage. Click on the link, Daily MHS Announcements, on the left side of the page.
Let's continue to take care of each other and to enjoy a safe, memorable ending to this school year, and I'll continue to be in touch with informational updates.
Kim Moore, ALMHS Principal
May 18, 2022 Informational Update
You may see more informational updates as we near the ending of the school year!
- After surveying our senior families, we have chosen our graduation location. Graduation for the Class of 2022 will be indoors in the theater on Saturday, June 25, 2022, at 1 pm. Our committee will make this occasion special for all, and we will live stream the graduation again this year.
- There is a mandatory graduation meeting for all seniors Monday, May 23, at 2:30 pm. Tickets and rehearsal will be discussed. Problems/questions? Please contact Ms. Stamets or Mrs. Rakoska-Heary.
- Prom this weekend at The Hall in Allegany.
- Arts Festival returns next Thursday, May 26!
- A reminder to all students driving to school: park only within the lines of a parking space. All cars should be registered with the main office.
- Parents should be dropping off and picking up ONLY in the front loop or at the Gator lobby entrance (gymnasium area).
- There will be a public Code of Conduct meeting Thursday night in the theater at 6 pm for anyone interested in giving feedback to the current code.
- Remember that daily written announcements can be found on the Middle-High School webpage. Click the Daily Announcement link that can be found on the left side of the main webpage.
- If students are sick, they should stay home. Need extra Covid testing kits? Just call our main office!
- Thank you for your support of the budget which passed last night!
- PLEASE talk to your child about safe behavior as we enter prom, graduation, and the summer season. PLEASE.
As crazy as the ending of a school year becomes, we love all of the positive events that occur at this time. Questions? Please give the office or me a call! Suggestions for next year, email me! I'll be in touch as we have more information updates.
Kim Moore, ALMHS Principal (Grades 6-12)