7th Grade Students & Families,I realize that this is a difficult time in your lives. You have new responsibilities and restrictions. I want to pass on some advice to help you on this new journey.
- Read every day. By reading, you will continue to grow and nurture your ELA skills and will make the transition back to school that much easier. If you can't make it to a local library, there are plenty of websites that offer free books to download (https://www.gutenberg.org/ and https://openlibrary.org/ and https://hs-allegany.wnysls.org/bin/home).
- Take time for yourself. Go for a walk or a bike ride and enjoy the crisp fall weather. A little fresh air can do wonders for the soul!
- Make good habits. Try to get to bed at a usual time each night and set your alarm daily to create good routines when you are learning remotely. Set aside a time each day where you can work on your classwork. Don't fall behind or procrastinate.
- Work for our ELA class will be updated and found on the 'assignments' Tab in Microsoft Teams
- Reach out to myself, family members, friends, or other adults if you are feeling stressed. We are always here to help and listen.
- I am available via email or the Microsoft Teams Chat.
7th Grade ELA Syllabus: Syllabus
Attendance: Students are expected to check in each day they are virtual learning through the ELA Microsoft Teams page.
Daily Expectations per Track: Expectations
In the event that ALMHS goes fully remote, please follow this schedule: Full Remote ELA Plan
Be safe and be kind to one another!
-Mr. Weiss716-375-6600 X2164