(716) 375-6600 x 2122
Welcome To Mrs. Christopher's Webpage.
I'm so glad to be back! It's a NEW year.... where everything is NEW! See below for details
First New Item.... I'm going all digital!
That's right! All resources, links, assignments and communication will be available through each student's school account located at office.com (see office 365 page for link)
Due to our virtual environment, we have an updated class supply list:
1. Charged computer - everyday!
2. Earbuds that can be used with the school computers
3. Flashdrive (important if student does not have consistent access to the internet. This will allow students room to download resources and work offline)
4. some paper and a pen/pencil for occasional activities
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL STUDENTS MAKE SURE THEIR COMPUTERS ARE IN WORKING ORDER AND CHARGED EVERYDAY.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE TECH DEPT. AND GET A LOANER!
In addition, everything a student posts online is his/her full responsibility. Students are expected to post school related and appropriate content only. Students are responsible for proper behavior at all times, both during class and during online learning. It is expected that students will always use technology in a way that shows consideration and respect. It is not acceptable to use obscene, profane, threatening, or disrespectful content of any kind. Recording or livestreaming from or during class is prohibited. Inappropriate or disrespectful behavior of any kind will result in disciplinary action. Please reference Student Code of Conduct and the Acceptable Network Use Policy agreement.
Next New Item: Required Attendance during Online Learning
You will only be marked present if you are logging in and logging out at the appropriate class times. If you log in 15 minutes late, or log off half way through, for example, you will be marked absent. Attendance for the full length of the class is required. Please message me if you have any concerns or questions.
Next New Item: Social distancing and daily classroom routines that we must abide by, including
1. Appropriate mask wearing
2. Consistent use of hand sanitizer while entering or leaving rooms
3. Staying seated during class to avoid points of contact
4. Appropriate social distancing while entering and leaving class
5. Abiding by strict social distancing while staff disinfect the room at the end of each period
Third New Item: Making full use of Office.com
This is where you will find all resources that you will need for class!
Click on the OFFICE 365 page for a link to these features
Check my US History page and Global 9 page for more information!
HOW MRS. CHRISTOPHER CAN BE REACHED:
- Microsoft TEAM meetings (daily)
- Chat through Microsoft TEAMS (download "TEAMS" to your phone for easy access!)
- Email: Dochristopher@alcsny.org (don't forget the "o")
- Phone: (716) 375-6600 x 2122
US History & Government
Global History & Geography - 9