(716) 375-6600 x 2122
Welcome To Mrs. Christopher's Webpage.
I've listed all important information, help and guidance regarding online learning
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND REVISIT THE PAGE AS A RESOURCE!
GRADE EXPECTATIONS AND GUIDELINES ** UPDATED
Grades will be calculated for the year in the following way:
Quarter 1= 27.55
Quarter 2 = 27.5%
Quarter 3 = 27.5%
Quarter 4 = 17.5%
Regents Exams, as you all know, have been cancelled for this year. Students must still pass their high school courses in order to gain credit toward graduation. This includes work assigned during Distance Learning!
- Only students who pass the course by August will be exempt from the Regents exam.
- NG or U designation may temporarily appear in PowerSchool.
- Ng = No grade – Missing assignments
- U = Unsatisfactory – failing grade
- Grades will be entered as a %, including zeros (due dates are posted on OneNote & webpage); However, I accept late work and I accept work that a student wants to redo for a better grade as well. Tests are the exception to this.
- I ALLOW work to be redone for a better grade or assignments to be handed in late, students must follow guidelines above and send an email stating they’ve posted work.
- TESTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE DUE DATE ASSIGNED – students are given several days to take tests on Castle Learning. Arrangements can be made to extend that date for extenuating circumstances IF REQUESTED BEFORE THE DAY IT IS DUE.
ALL WORK MUST BE POSTED TO ONENOTE TO BE GRADED
If internet connection is an issue, access has been made available at multiple locations
- The parking lot at school
- Knapp Creek Fire Dept. (M, T, Th 8:30-10:30)
- Limestone Community Center (M, T, Th 11:30-1:30)
If there are extenuating circumstances, parents can email me for alternative plans.
POSTING TO ONENOTE ONLINE: (OFFICE.COM)
Because some students are experiencing issues if they have slow internet when posting, the tech department has suggested that everyone go to OneNote through office.com.
- login to Office.com with school email and password
- choose class notebook
- find your notebook and then access pages and post assignments
INSERTING FILES AS ATTACHMENTS TO ONENOTE:
- save all documents to your PC -NOT ONEDRIVE which will automatically occur. (There are too many issues with OneDrive that I don't know how to solve)
- Once the document is saved on your PC (desktop, flashdrive, etc) then go back to your OneNote Page to attach work (Assignments that are Due Page)
- click your cursor on the page
- Then go up to the top bar and click "insert"
- click "file"
- Click "Insert as attachment" DO NOT CLICK "INSERT FILE PRINTOUT"
- a dialogue box will appear, click "browse"
- find the file you want to attach
- double click on the file
- When you return to the dialogue box, click "insert"
- The file should be on the page
SCANNING HANDWRITTEN DOCUMENTS (convert to a PDF file):
- For Iphone users the NOTES APP is also a scanning app. (Android users can find similar scanning apps in google play store)
- open the Notes App and click on New Note
- take a picture from the app of each page you want to scan
- when you are done, click "done - with number of pages you've scanned"
- Then share (square with arrow in it) by sending it to your EMAIL
- Get on your computer and open the document from your email
- download the document and save it to your PC
- Repeat steps above
HOW I CAN BE REACHED:
- Regularly scheduled Zoom sessions
- REMIND (you can text me directly after signing up for Remind)
To sign up, TEXT one of the codes below to 81010:
For students in Global 9
For students in US History
Please Note: In order to get the links for Zoom meetings, you must SIGN IN to the ALCS website
- At the bottom of the ALCS website, you will see three icons "sitemap" "sign in" "register"
- Click on "sign in"
- Sign in using school email and password
- Once you sign in, go back to my teacher webpage
- you will be able to see the page for recorded Zoom sessions and click the appropriate link to join!
Mon & Wed’s @ 9:30 & 11:30
Tues & Thurs’s @ 8:30 & Noon
Welcome to Mrs. Christopher's
US History & Government
Global History & Geography - 9