(716) 375-6600 x 2122
Welcome To Mrs. Christopher's Webpage.
I'm so glad to be back! It's a NEW year.... and we're together!
In Mrs. Christopher's History classes, we're all digital!
That's right! All resources, links, assignments and communication will be available through each student's school account located at office.com (see office 365 page for link)
Updated Class Supply List:
1. Charged computer - everyday!
2. Earbuds that can be used with the school computers
3. Flashdrive (important if student does not have consistent access to the internet. This will allow students room to download resources and work offline)
4. some paper and a pen/pencil for occasional activities
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL STUDENTS MAKE SURE THEIR COMPUTERS ARE IN WORKING ORDER AND CHARGED EVERYDAY.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE TECH DEPT. AND GET A LOANER!
In addition, everything a student posts online, or while using school software or equipment, is his/her full responsibility. Students are expected to post school related and appropriate content only. Students are responsible for proper behavior at all times, both during class and while working digitally. It is expected that students will always use technology in a way that shows consideration and respect. It is not acceptable to use obscene, profane, threatening, or disrespectful content of any kind. Recording or livestreaming from or during class is prohibited. Inappropriate or disrespectful behavior of any kind will result in disciplinary action. Please reference Student Code of Conduct and the Acceptable Network Use Policy agreement.
Next New Item: Online Learning for those who are quarantined (not absent for other issues)
1. I will provide a link that will allow you to join our live class. I want to keep you in touch with our class as much as
possible. Because quarantines require extended periods of time out of class, getting you to class virtually is our next
2. If we are forced to go remote for any period of time, we will use the same link and provide virtual learning for the
Next New Item: REQUIRED daily classroom routines
1. Appropriate mask wearing (over your mouth and nose) - during the entire class.
2. Mask breaks will be allowed during the few minutes marked by the "bleach bell" at the end of class. If you choose to
have a mask break, you must distance yourself a minimum of 6ft from those around you. If you are gathering with
other students, masks must stay on. This is an optional mask break and social distancing must be adhered to if you
choose to remove your mask during this period.
3. Staying seated during class to avoid points of contact
Third New Item: Making full use of Office.com
This is where you will find all resources that you will need for class!
Click on the OFFICE 365 page for a link to these features
Check my US History page and Global 9 page for more information!
HOW MRS. CHRISTOPHER CAN BE REACHED:
- Chat through Microsoft TEAMS (download "TEAMS" to your phone for easy access!)
- Email: Dochristopher@alcsny.org (don't forget the "o")
- Phone: (716) 375-6600 x 2122
US History & Government
Global History & Geography - 9