What do I teach?
Skills to Success
Career Development Occupational Studies standards
- Standard 1: Career Development Students will be knowledgeable about the world of work, explore career options, and relate personal skills, aptitudes, and abilities to future career decisions.
- Standard 2: Integrated Learning Students will demonstrate how academic knowledge and skills are applied in the workplace and other settings.
- Standard 3a: Universal Foundation Skills Students will demonstrate mastery of the foundation skills and competencies essential for success in the workplace.
In our class we focus on:
- Career/Job Exploration
- Life skills- How to take care of ourselves
- Communication skills
Some of our activities inlcude:
- Educational Field Experiences
- Grocery Shopping
- Community Experiences
- Money Awareness
- Being a team member
- Running a class business-Coffe Cafe